Sunday, May 10, 2009

The last 0.8hr of training


Sometime this week I hope to finish the remaining 0.8 hours of my private pilot training. During this time, I will be working under the hood and hopefully flying over to 3NC0 http://www.airnav.com/airport/3NC0. This is a tiny field located about 1 mile from my in-laws house in Morganton, NC. Flying into 3NC0 will provide another opportunity to practice short field landings and take-offs; with the added challenge of negotiating substantial terrain. At the end of runway 34 are powerlines while the opposite end is fenced in by a small hill topped with 50' trees. It seems that the only way around the trees is through a small pass to the right of the end of the runway. Stay tuned for updates about this flight...I have yet to receive full approval from my instructor. I have attached an image highlighting what I believe to be the departure route from runway 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment