Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Saturday June 13, 2009- Checkride

As of today, the current forecast for Saturday is 85 F and partly cloudy. There has been a high pressure system in the Gulf of Mexico for the past several days which looks to be keeping much of the adverse "spring-time" weather to the north of western NC. My checkride is scheduled for Saturday morning hours in hopes that the turbulence will be less, and I can better focus on the practical test standards. As for the oral exam, this will be conducted the preceding afternoon. Apparently my instructor has another student who is receiving sea-plane training and needs a check-ride as well. Killing two birds with one stone, I suppose. With the testing broken up like this my nerves will be a little less for each examination. However, my instructor informed me that the FAA will be present during the oral part of the exam to conduct their own review of the examiner who has not examined in quite some time. Not again... The same thing happened to me as I was solo'ing for the first time at KMRN. While I was there, another gentleman was being reviewed after an incident involving a cub whose throttle was fire-walled while being hand-propped. Hopefully, like last time everything will go smoothly and the FAA nor my examiner will have much to say.

The studying has reached point of monotony and my flight plan is ready to be made. My nerves are gathering and my brain is overflowing. I can't wait to get this over with so I can share my passion with friends and family!

Check out this intersting video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBcapxGHjE&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

No comments:

Post a Comment